WE RECRUIT VOLUNTEERS ALL YEAR ROUND!
Interested in doing something different?
Wish to share your skills with others?
Would like to experience another culture?
Want to be part of a mission for development?
…. but don’t know where to start?
VLM – do one thing. do something
If you are trained or have experience in any of the following areas you could make a worthwhile contribution to the projects we support:
- Education at all levels from pre-school to adult education,
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teaching,
- Childcare, youth or community work,
- Creative arts, crafts, photography or music,
- Physical education or coaching,
- Carpentry, plumbing or electrics,
- Leadership, project management or proposal writing,
- Information technology or administration,
- Business, entrepreneurship or accounting,
- Sign language, deaf teaching or deaf awareness training,
JOIN THE TEAM
Our placements are generally short term, from a minimum of one month to a maximum of three months. Volunteers must also attend all pre-departure training sessions, which will be held over one weekend (most likely May 11th -12th 2013) at a location in Dublin. The training covers topics such as development education, poverty and inequality, health, cultural awareness, stress management, the Vincentian ethos and spirituality, as well as practical and personal preparation for the placement. A one-day debriefing will also be arranged for the following autumn and is recommended to all returning volunteers.
All candidates will be interviewed and must submit a Garda vetting form. Successful candidates are then required to raise or pay €3000, to cover the cost of their placement (including flights, room and board, travel insurance, inoculations, training and internal travel).Volunteers are hosted by either the Vincentian Fathers or Daughters of Charity and can be assured of a warm welcome.
Recruitment is on-going but for those of you wishing to travel this summer, you will need to apply by April 30th at the latest.