VLM is a charity governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees with members serving a maximum of two three-year terms. They must then take a break of at least one year before being able to serve one final three-year term. There are currently nine board members. They are drawn from diverse backgrounds including education, finance, overseas aid, charity, religion, and insurance, and bring to the board significant professional and decision-making skills achieved in their respective fields, together with a broad range of experience and views. One member of the board is the Congregation of the Mission priest, in line with the VLM constitution. Click to download VLM Constitution.
The day-to-day operations of the charity are run by the Coordinator, appointed by the Board.
Strategic Plan 2022 – 2026
In July 2022, the Board signed off on a new strategic plan. The document builds on the previous plan and puts forward a vision for the development of VLM for the period 2022 – 2026.
The key objectives of the plan are:
- To secure the financial and operational sustainability of VLM and to support projects and volunteering;
- To develop new and re-invigorate existing volunteer projects, including schools programs;
- To recruit, train and support volunteers for projects;
- To develop stronger ties with past volunteers and enhance the sustainability of VLM through their continued involvement in the organization.
- To provide high-quality development education workshops in line with best practices.
To attain these objectives, the Board has a number of sub-committee working groups: Finance; Fundraising; Social Media, and Governance.
Read the VLM Strategic Plan 2022-2026: